AZ Residency Day 5 — Mistos de Porco Preto Reprise
Yesterday’s dinner didn’t go so well. We went to pick up a few doses of “Mistos de Porco Preto” (means something like Mix of Dark Pig in English) at this local restaurant which we had scouted on Tuesday as serving pretty well. But we had an unfortunate surprise, they under-served us half our dosage. So a new quest had been unlocked: to retrieve our fair share today or raise havoc!
At the lab i had no idea what happened during the morning since i slept until very late, but right after lunch everyone scattered off to handle different things:
– Sérgio and Francesco still busy documenting their ants project.
– Tara with the plastic PCB experiments.
– Jorge putting the finishing touches on his VJ mixer frame.
– Mónica pushing her wind/fan project into a first protoype.
– I pushed the genhaiku abit closer to version 2.0
– Luis arrived to the residency to work on his meal tracking idea.
– Ricardo and Filipe went on a magic journey to the local “sawmill” store to get the last parts for their piano cocktail.
– Mauricio gave us a workshop about tiny solar robots with BEAM circuits.
– And Catarina hacking some keyboard interfaces
So for dinner we went to reclaim our lost dosage of Mistos de Porco Preto and managed to succeed in our ordeal! Quest complete! We also took the wonderful opportunity to shop some essential refreshments for tomorrows farewell party.
Back at the residency we had visitors from a local juvenile theater group, we gave them a quick tour round up of all the stuff we have lying around and the projects people have been working in. Which went pretty well, they were all pretty marveled and excited with all we had going on, asking how they could do their own and spend the rest of their lives doing what we do. Which made us happy.
The rest of the night was spent attending Mauricio’s workshop and working on some entry for our fast music remix compo of Vitor Espadinha’s “Relembrar é Viver”. Results should be available tomorrow.